Home Mould Remediation
Mould is becoming a big problem in the UK.
Mould occurs in areas which have a lot of moisture such as bathrooms, kitchens, and basements. The main causes of moisture are:
- Washing clothes and letting them dry inside
- Breathing (the more people in the house the higher levels of moisture)
Older properties without effective damp proof measures naturally also have higher levels of moisture.
When the levels of moisture increase to dangerous levels we end up with condensation on the walls and horizontal surfaces. This is the precursor to mould. Where there is condensation mould will grow.
As a homeowner, you can take several steps to combat the spread of mould.
- Create more ventilation in the property by opening windows and doors especially after cooking and bathing
- Put the heating on more often (especially in older properties)
- Stop drying clothes in the home
- Open the trickle vents on the windows to create airflow throughout the house
Despite all your best efforts if your property is suffering with mould please contact us today.